Recess in the Library!
Grades 3, 4, & 5 now have the option to come to the library during morning recess twice a week. It was so exciting to see kids playing chess, asking after books, reading, and drawing.
Ice Cream Party!
Twenty-six Middle School students who took part in the library’s recent 50,000 Minute Reading Challenge were invited to the library for an ice cream party last week. Congrats to all!
Here is a photo of Ms. Martha with a few of our readers as they choose their treats!
And at our High School Assembly on Wednesday, September 8th, we took note of International Literacy Day with our second annual “Stand Up For Reading” event. The student and staff presentations were powerful and inspiring as they shared books that have made a personal impact.
- Biomimicry: innovation inspired by nature by Janine M. Benyus
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Citizen: an American lyric by Claudia Rankine
- The Collected Poems of Elizabeth Bishop
- Crackback by John Coy
- Furia by Yamile Saied Méndez
- Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- The Giver by Lois Lowery
- Los Autonautas de la Cosmopista by Julio Cortazar and Carol Dunlop
- Rayuela by Julio Cortazar
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Parents, do you have a Lincoln Sora or a Lincoln Library Destiny account? We encourage all parents to use our library. Please contact one of the librarians to learn more about this.
Protect your library books! Rainy days and water bottles can cause problems for books. Damaged (and lost) items will incur a replacement and processing fee. Thank you!