Dear Lincoln Community,
Good morning and welcome to a new school year at Lincoln. We enjoyed seeing so many smiling faces on campus for the first day of school. The Wellness Office would like to provide an update on the current protocols from the Argentine Ministry of Health for COVID-19.
- If a staff member tests POSITIVE for COVID-19, they must inform the Wellness Center, their direct supervisor, Human Resources and send proof of the positive result (Image of PCR or home test).
- If a student tests POSITIVE for COVID-19, their parents will inform the Wellness Center and send proof of the positive result (Image of PCR or home test). The school nurses will then inform the corresponding school division of the positive case.
- It is no longer necessary for close contacts to isolate, therefore, the Wellness Center will no longer advise students and/or staff members that they have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual.
The current protocol states that students, faculty, and staff are considered possible positive individuals if they exhibit the following symptom:
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
or TWO or MORE of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 37.5 °C (99.5 °F) or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
The Wellness Center must be informed of the appearance of any of the symptoms mentioned above.
If a staff member or student tests positive for COVID-19, the isolation period remains as follows:
- If you are fully vaccinated: Quarantine for 7 days and in the following 3 days reinforce preventive care (wear a mask at all times when in the presence of others, keep physical distance, and ensure that rooms are well-ventilated).
- If you are NOT fully vaccinated: Quarantine for 10 days.
We must continue working together to stop the spread of COVID-19. We can achieve this together by following the recommendations mentioned below:
- Correct hand washing
- Ventilation of shared spaces
- Sanitizing of shared spaces
- Use of facemasks (optional)
We are happy to support you with answering any questions or concerns about COVID-19, or other health-related topics.