* Be empowered: Do awesome things. Share with us your ideas and what you can do. Amaze us.
* Be respectful: Help foster a school community that is principled and caring.
* Be smart and safe: Think before you click. If you are uncertain, talk with us.
* Be careful and gentle: Our resources and those in other communities are limited. Help us take care of our devices and networks.
Lincoln School uses instructional technology as a way of enhancing the teaching of essential skills, knowledge and behaviors students will need as responsible citizens in the global community. Students learn collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking in a variety of ways throughout the school day. In an effort to increase access to these 21st century skills, Lincoln encourages the use of electronic devices and access to the school network.
Role of the School
1. Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Devices Each user is responsible for his/her own device and should use it responsibly and appropriately. Lincoln takes no responsibility for stolen, lost, or damaged devices, including lost or corrupted data on those devices. While school employees will help students identify how to keep personal devices secure, students will have the final responsibility for securing their personal devices.
2. Consequences for Violation of the philosophy may result in disciplinary action, including the loss of a user’s privileges to use the school’s information technology resources. Further discipline may be imposed in accordance with the Lincoln Student Handbook and Lincoln overriding school policies up to and including suspension or expulsion depending on the degree and severity of the violation.
3. Supervision and Monitoring Lincoln has ownership of email accounts, Lincoln domain Google Drive accounts and school networks. School and network administrators and their authorized employees monitor the use of information technology resources to help ensure that uses are secure and in conformity with this philosophy. Administrators reserve the right to examine, use, and disclose any data found on the school’s information networks in order to further the health, safety, discipline, or security of any student or other person, or to protect property. They may also use this information in disciplinary actions, and will furnish evidence of crime to law enforcement. Lincoln reserves the right to determine which uses constitute acceptable use and to limit access and time of access to such uses.
4. IT and Network Considerations: Lincoln’s Technology department is not responsible for maintaining or troubleshooting student devices. Students should close internet tabs and applications not in use to respect the school’s bandwidth. Students should not use the school’s network to download music, videos or apps, unless authorized by a teacher.
Lincoln believes in breaking down classroom walls and sharing the wealth of knowledge and learning through social media. Students and their work will regularly be published on our social media channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube Channel, Instagram, TED-Ed, TEDx, Edmodo.
Any family that waives this right of the school must request the waiver form at email@example.com
To Fill out the Empowered Use Policy form: